Loyola University New Orleans Summer 2011 Italy Study Abroad

Because sometimes, you're not sure about your life or your choices, so you up and take a month-long trip to Italy. Your Roman history is rusty. Your Catholic history is rusty. Your Italian is nearly non-existant. This trip is half-academic, half-pilgrimage, and nothing's certain. But sometimes, you jump off a cliff and hope you land on something soft. Or at least see something pretty on the way down.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Papal Audience Day!!!

We had a papal audience today! I wasn't feeling that well but I really wanted to have the audience, so we all got up and headed to the Vatican. It was really cool because there were these little kids who sang and they did the readings in so many languages! I looooooove languages.

Pictures!







After that and the heat, I went back to my room and slept for the rest of the day.

In a rather hilarious turn of events, while I was packing in my room for our Tuscany adventure, this girl came up to my door.

Girl: Hey, we're all going out tonight. Want to come? *pause while she looks at my t-shirt and shorts* Is that what you're wearing? That's cute.
Me: *blank stare conveying I have never met you before in my life*
Girl: Oh wait. You're not Lisa. *walks away*

WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment